REVIEW // Cocoa Brown 1 Hour Tannning Mousse

Leave a Comment

Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter: 1 Hour Tanning Mousse £7.99, Superdrug

As a pale girl, tanning is something I don't usually do and if I do feel adventurous and fancy a tan then I usually stick to St Moriz as I know it works and it's dead cheap. However, after seeing rave reviews about Marissa Carters Cocoa Brown tan I decided to pop into Superdrug and pick up a bottle and see how it went.
This tan has many selling points in which are pushed towards the customer in order to boost sales. Some of the claims are as follow.

The tan is said to have vegetable derived tanning agent and accelerating ingredients to speed up the tans processing time taking just one hour to develop into a light tan, 2 hours to a medium tan and 3 hours if you want a deep tan. After you rinse the tan off it leaves a nice bronzed, not orange, glow that will fade naturally and not patchy within 5-7 days, it has the scent of Tahitian Gardenia which eliminates the biscuity fake tan smell. There are no parabens in the tan, it's fast drying and non sticky, the tan continues to develop after it's rinsed off and it is soft and gentle with moisturising qualities so you can use it on your face and body.

To be honest I find this all to be true, I experienced not fake tan smell, unless I literally pushed my nose to my arm, then it was quite faint. The tan developed within the hour and was quite deep after three, I left it on over night however as I like it to be quite dark. It was definitely fast drying, I like to apply my tan about an hour before I go to bed so I applied it and within 10 minutes my skin was dry yet really soft which I was pretty pleased with.

Another good point about this tan is that it comes in a brown mousse form so you can see where you've applied and where you've missed and it also doesn't drip like lotions and sprays sometimes can, I still use an old towel to stand on however as Im not the most gracious of tan appliers if I'm quite honest. I tend to look like a dog chasing it's tail looking for spots I've missed.

The only bad point with this tan is that it isn't quite as dark as I'd like it to be, even after over night development I was left with a light sunkissed look and I wanted to be quite brown since I am so pale. 

There is a dark version available though so maybe I will try that one next time and see how I get on with it!

Overall I think it's a really good tan and it's definitely replaced my St Moriz no question! The smell is 10x better and the packaging is so so cute!

What do you think of Cocoa Brown products? Have you used them or will you after reading this post? Let me know in the comments!

Love Alicia x

Why not also keep up with me and my blog on social media? Alicia Jade is also active on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin'
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 lovely messages:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig