Fragrance of the Week // Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium

Leave a Comment

Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium Eau De Parfum 50ml £62, Debenhams

For a few years now I have barely strayed away from my one true love in a fragrance bottle which is Marc Jacobs Daisy, the original. I have used four 100ml bottles of that particular fragrance in the last two years. Recently I've wanted to branch out and get a few more scents and to start a collection so next on my list was Yve Saint Laurent Black Opium.
YSL say: Black opium is inspired by the dark and mysterious side of the brand. The fragrance contains notes of coffee, complimented by accords of pink pepper which lead to the heart of vanilla, jasmine and orange blossom drawing to a close with base notes of cedar and patchouli.

When I first read that description I was like that doesn't really sound like something I would like, I don't like the smell of coffee and orange blossom with pink pepper sounds strange, but bare with me on this one, it's beautiful.

I took myself to the YSL fragrance counter in Debenhams and has a little spritz onto a card and at first I was thinking "oh, this is a little rubbish and disappointing" but after the card had soaked all the perfume in, after a few seconds, the real smell began to reveal itself and it was amazing, the coffee and vanilla blends beautifully whilst the cedar, patchouli and jasmine really mingle for hours and hours which is beautiful, I am really impressed with this fragrance.

The original YSL Opium eau de parfum really isn't for me, I would even go as far as saying it's a little overwhelming and makes me nauseous, it really doesn't bode well with my senses that one, but this perfume is incredible.

Whilst wearing it you really can smell it for hours but not overwhelmingly so, it's just a hint here and there and the different notes come alive as the day goes on.

The packaging is also another thing that caught my eye, it's a beautiful square bottle with glitter and a see through panel, almost grungy looking for a YSL perfume, which I suppose was inspired but the "dark and mysterious side" of the brand as said in the description earlier.

All in all this perfume is definitely on it's way to becoming my new favourite and I would definitely recommend you buying it or at least testing it! 

What do you think of YSL Black Opium? Let me know your thoughts!


Love Alicia x

Why not also keep up with me and my blog on social media? Alicia Jade is also active on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin'
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 lovely messages:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig