12 Days of Beauty: Day 5 - L'oreal Nail Lacquers & a Non Favourite

Leave a Comment

12 Days of beauty is an on going series, one post per day, of my favourite (and a few not so favourite) beauty products from 2014. It's in no particular order. It will go on from 25th December till 5th January - coinciding with the 12 days of Christmas!

I've only recently discovered the L'oreal Nail Lacquers, I never really took a second look at them or heard any reviews about them. One shopping trip to Boots I was on the hunt for a deep wine/burgundy nail colour and saw L'oreal 409 Hypnotic Red and it was the perfect colour I'd been searching for.
After discovering this gem in Boots I was obsessed and began painting and repainting my nails with it for a few weeks, until I decided to venture into more colours, I also bought Beige Boheme which is a brown nude, Scarlet Vamp which is a deep purple and I got Hypnotic Red in a free gift.

The staying power is immense, similar to that of Essie varnishes. They're very glossy and don't need a top coat, you can use a top coat if you like but I don't and they work well without but it's completely your choice!

I would definitely look into getting these varnishes if you're into painting your nails, like me. The only downside is there isn't a huge amount in them, but for the price (£4.99) It's not a bank breaker either!

The Non Favourite

As much as I've tried to love it as you can see from these posts - here and here. I just don't seem to get on with this product which is a huge shame! I was hoping it could replace my POREfessional at the price tag I would have loved to be able to say it's the best primer ever but it just doesn't sit well with my oily skin. For a short period of time, I did get on with it, but much like other products, if I stop using it for a while and then begin again I have a sort of "honeymoon" phase where my skin loves the change for a week or so and then the product reverts back to not getting along with me, which is a bummer!!

What do you think of these products? Let me know!


Love Alicia x

Why not also keep up with me and my blog on social media? Alicia Jade is also active on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin'
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 lovely messages:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig