The "British" (Welsh) Tag

Leave a Comment


Grab ya tea and scones it's going to be a lengthy one...

Ah, the "British" tag, I've seen it doing the rounds on YouTube and more recently on a few blogs so I thought I'd pop my version of this tag on me own little blog and see how things go.

It was Miss Beauty Beauty or Mikhila who inspired me to do my very own version as she made a very good point in her video of how the Britain is made up of three countries & Northern Ireland (Scotland, England, Wales) and therefore the questions in this tag mainly relate to those of you in Britain that are English, whereas I identify as Welsh. I have lived in Wales since I was 7 and I'm now 21. Love England and all that but I was only there for 7 years so can't remember much apart from some of the slang and the accent which I've lived with from my parents!

I will be following the same questions but putting a little spin on them, hope you enjoy!

1. How many cups of tea do you have a day and how many sugars?
I drink around 4-5 cups of tea a day. I like it with 2 sugars and soya milk as i'm lactose intolerant, which sucks because I love cheese. (beautifullll)

2. Favourite part of your roast? (A cooked meal involving roasted meat and vegetables topped with gravy - for those who aren't British!)
It seems as though for this question everyone said Yorkshires or stuffing but I HATE those two!! My favourite part of a roast dinner would definitely be the roasties or the gravy, yummmmm.

3. Favourite dunking biscuit?
I love a good chocolate hobnob or digestive, they're pretty rigid so don't drop to the bottom of a brew in 0.1 second.

4. Favourite quintessentially British pass time?
I LOVE Carbooting! It's so so fun and I also love to go to museums and things like that I also enjoy a good visit to the pub.

5. Favourite word?
Popti-ping. It means Microwave in Welsh!

6. Cockney rhyming slang?
I don't really use it but my favourite is Dog and Bone which means Phone. My favourite welsh thing to say, a slang of sorts is telling people to " 'ave a gweld" which means to take a look at something.

7. Favourite sweet?
Not a huge fan of sweets but the ones I eat most often are Haribo Tangfastics.

8. What would your pub be called?
The Everyone Inn. For short people would say "wanna go for a pint at the ev'inn?"

9. No.1 British person?
This one is hard! Probably Patrick Stewart. He can do no wrong.

10. Favourite shop/restaurant?
My favourite restaurant is Olive and my favourite shop is probably Debenhams, I know I work there but they sell everything I need (apart from food and the obvious things) under one roof and I get a discount, what could be better?

11. What British song pops into your head?
Everytime I've wathed or read this tag the same song pops into my head and it's One Direction - What Make You Beautiful.

12. Marmite?
NO the stuff is hideous and urgh god no.

Hope you enjoyed my British/Welsh Tag!

Love Alicia x

Why not also keep up with me and my blog on social media? Alicia Jade is also active on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin'
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 lovely messages:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig