HAIR // Updated Hair Colour

Leave a Comment




L'Oreal  Recital Preference in colour 8 California, £6.99 - Boots
L'Oreal Preference Glam highlights in 02 for Dark Blone to Light Blonde Hair, £7.49 - Boots

Pictured Above L-R: Before the hair dye and After.

I'm not really one for keeping my hair the same colour, says everyone, I know. But seriously I get bored as you've probably seen I've had pink and purple in my hair on and off for a year but I always seem to stay blonde. Recently I've been wanting to venture away from the grey/white hair and wanted something a little warmer within a few highlights here and there.

When choosing my hair dye there wasn't really anything to think about, I've used L'oreal before and it was a case of "tick to what you know" and I know these dyes work for me and give me the results that I want so even though they're a little bit pricier it was just easier for me, in my opinion.

I put the California dye on dry hair for 25 minutes and washed it off using only water and then the conditioner that comes in the kit. After this I dried my hair and went in with the highlighting kit. This is the second time I've used this kit and if you read my first review you'll see that I wasn't over the moon with the results the last time but that wasn't solely down to the product I was just a bit slap dash with it all and my hair dying ego got the best of me. It was a very "It's always turned out brilliant for me so I assume it will this time" moment, D'oh. To read that review click here

I put the highlights from root to tip all round the top of my hair and dotted a few here and there underneath and under a few layers of hair. I did this because I didn't want them all so be really linear and parallel I wanted them to look natural and not symmetrical. After I'd applied them I left them for 45 minutes and washed them out and what you can see above is the before and after result which I'm pretty happy with.

I was a bit worried at first as in my artificial lighting at home it looked grey but my boyfriend assured me that it was in fact blonde and that I was in fact going blind so all was well!

(I'm not really going blind)

What do you think of it? Have you tried these hair products? Let me know!
Love Alicia x

Why not also keep up with me and my blog on social media? Alicia Jade is also active on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Bloglovin'
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 lovely messages:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig