The Good, The Bad and The Blogging.

Leave a Comment




So recently I've been thinking a lot about blogging, what it means to me, why I got into it and the whole aspect of the blogging world. Now I am by no means an experienced, well known blah blah blah super blogger, whatever but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion right? Well I think I can anyway since I've been blogging a year ish now, plus, this is only my input on one subject, take it however you will :)

I started blogging a few years ago, on and off, I was into it but I didn't really have a subject or a cause for my blog so it kind of dwindled for a few years. Back in September 2012 I went to university and decided I would start it up again and base it around my love of makeup and beauty and I've been blogging properly, as a hobby, since May 2013 and I really do love it and the whole community surrounding it is really supportive, I feel a lot of love for my little corner of the internet.


Blogging isn't without it's up and downs, you definitely have to take some negative comments with a pinch of salt and not let them get to you because that's when you really start to let your blog and your mindset surrounding it suffer. I definitely feel like my blog is a bit of light hearted fun and just somewhere I can just share my thoughts and feelings on anything and everything that I find interesting. But lately I feel a lot of pressure to get my posts out on time, not just because of my "blogging schedule" but because I feel I will lose readers and my blog will just fade into the distance and I'll become irrelevant. 


I've been feeling this way a long time and it's been putting me off posting anything at all because I just get this feeling of dread whenever I think about posting or scheduling a post, this isn't how I wanted to picture blogging and this is not how I want to feel when it comes to my blog so I've taken a step back and thought about what it is that is making blogging seems this way.


It all hit me when I read Katie's post from her blog Scarphelia, the way she worded it and the way she wrote about it just made me think "That's exactly how I'm feeling" and that post is basically what inspired me to write this one. Bloggers shouldn't be feeling like they HAVE to post every single day because "it's their duty" fair enough if you're a full time blogger but a blogger like me? I shouldn't be feeling pressured into writing my OWN blog which isn't even a full time thing and I shouldn't feel dread when it comes to it. I recently took a week off blogging to clear my head but it didn't really help and the dread was still there and I feel really sitting down to read Katie's post and to think about my own blog really helped me to feel more positive about blogging in general.


Yeah, my blog may be "small" but who is to measure small and big? What is a "big blog?" A  blog with lots of followers? You can have 10,000 readers and 0 interest or you can have 100 readers and lots of interest (not specifically) so my reader count isn't what's important, it's the feedback and the comments and the people who take the time out of their day, to make my day!


It goes without saying that I have sometimes posted a post and not got any feedback on them whatsoever, this doesn't upset me too much because I know myself I'm awful at commenting and leaving feedback even if I do appreciate a post I've read but it is always nice to get comments (I'm not fishing, scouts honor.)


All in all I'm not the most "got my shit together" blogger but I do try and put out posts that you guys would like to read and what I myself find interesting so I hope this is interesting to you, my thoughts and feeling spread across the internet.


So deep, much wisdom, wow.


It seems a lot of people have been smacked in the chops with this overwhelming guilt that seems to creep up with the so called "responsibility" of blogging. 


My advice is - "Do what you feel like" - Bart Simpson.



Alicia x 

Twitter | Bloglovin' | Tumblr



*If you would like to advertise with me, check out the packages I offer on my Advertising page!
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 lovely messages:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig