REVIEW: Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel liner in Blackest Black

Leave a Comment



Maybelline 24hr Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black - £7.99 Boots/Superdrug

Hey!

I've never been one for gel liner, but after seeing this on all the YouTube beauty guru's lids looking blacker than black and promising 24hr wear, I really needed it.

As a daily wearer or eyeliner on my top lids I'm always looking for a liner thats smudge free, true black, transfer free and sometimes waterproof (I'm very emotional.) I have tried my fair share of liners including liquid liners such as L'oreal Super Liner which is a brush applicator, Soap & Glory's Super Cat which is a felt tip and Now Maybelline's Gel offering. I have tried a few liners from each field but this gel liner seems to be the most long wearing and non budging.

I apply this liner with my Barry M Angled Brush, I outline my wing/cat eye shape on the lid and then I proceed to fill it in. I always apply my eyeliner after I've done my full face & eyeshadow but before mascara and eyebrows as I like to give it time to set so I can see the full dry results/reapply some eyeshadow. My eyeshadow sometimes drops a little when I go back and blend it so I always wait till literally last second to blend shadow and then reapply the gel liner to get it as dark, crisp and clean as possible.

The staying time is pretty impressive lasting up to 7/8 hours on my lids, over primer & shadows. I didn't try it - much - without shadows on the lids because I have ridiculously oily skin and I never wear liner without shadow anyways so it wouldn't be a fair test on my part. But when I tried it the one time, it started to slide after about 4 hours as like I said, my lids produce oil like nothing I've ever seen. Which is a shame but 4 hours is pretty good! Normal liners lasted around 1 hour.

Overall I really enjoy this liner and use it mainly on nights out when I don't know what will happen or whether or not I'll end up in hysterics over dropped chips. It has served me well so far!

What do you think of this liner? Let me know!

Alicia x
Twitter | Bloglovin' | Tumblr



*If you would like to advertise with me, check out the packages I offer on my Advertising page!
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 lovely messages:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig