REVIEW & COMPARISON: Miss Sporty Concealer VS Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer

2 comments



 Hey guys!

Ok, first off I apologise for the grubby tube of Collection 2000 concealer. If any of you have this concealer you'll know that the writing rubs off fairly quickly and also, my tube is broke so concealer comes out of the top when you screw the wand back in, there's nothing I can do about that!

Moving on I decided to write this post to give you guys an alternative to the favoured concealer in the blogging world which is the holy grail Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer. This concealer comes highly recommended by lots of beauty bloggers, including myself and for £4.19 in Boots and Superdrug stores, you can't really go wrong, right? 

Anyway, I found myself strapped for cash and literally couldn't afford to be spending £4.19 on a small tube of concealer (Collection 200 Lasting Perfection Concealer in 1 Fair) so I opted for a £3 one (look after the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves!) Yes, it may not be a huge difference but it was good enough for me, it was actually £2.99 so even better! This concealer is the Miss Sporty Liquid Concealer in 001 Light from Superdrug. I opted for this as the packaging was the same near enough as the Collection 2000 concealer and the colour pay off was near enough the same, the price swayed me in the end as well!

Similarities.
When applying to the face I use my primer, foundation and then concealer. I do this so I don't remove the concealer in the process of putting foundation on and also to give more coverage to my blemishes/skin. The Collection 2000 concealer cover blemishes, redness and spots no problem. As does the Miss Sporty concealer which is what I love about them. They do not cake up your face and they stay put for about 5/6 hours, even on days where my schedule is hectic!

Neither of the concealers cling to the skin or cause patches on your face, no one ones an orange patchy face! So it's very good to find 2 brilliant concealers that don't do this!


Differences
Apart from the obvious, brand difference, there aren't many differences between the two except the slight colour difference and then price. Miss Sporty Liquid concealer retails at £2.99 in Superdrug and Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer retails at £4.19

As you can see from my swatch the collection 2000 concealer is more of a cool toned concealer where as the Miss Sporty has slightly more yellow-ish undertones. The Collection 2000 one is also a tiny bit more full coverage but this may be due to the fact I applied a tiny bit more of the Collection one onto my hand, by accident!

When applied the Miss Sporty Concealer does go on slightly thinner than the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection one but it still covers up the red marks, blemishes and spots just as well.

My Conclusion

Overall I think the Miss Sporty Liquid Concealer is a great dupe for the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer and even thought I will continue to buy the Lasting Perfection one I will also buy the Miss Sport one for back ups in case, like now, the tube busts on my Lasting Perfection and I can't carry  it around with me.


Have you ever tried this concealer? What're your thoughts? Let me know :)

Alicia x
Twitter | Bloglovin' | Tumblr

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

  1. Hiya,
    I'm trying to get my sister her first ever conceler for christmas. Her main area of concern is spots. I asked her to go to boots and swatch the collection lasting perfection one so I know what shade to buy. For some reason she said there was no testers of it so she tried miss sporty liquid conceler in shade 001 instead. She said it matched. I've been looking for swatches of it online to give me an idea of her colouring as like me she's pale, and to see what shade of collection lasting perfection to get as it has such good reviews. What I wanted to ask is which of your swatches is which? You've lot labeled which Is L and which is R :)
    Hope you can help,
    Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On my hand, top is collection, bottom is Miss Sporty :) xxx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :) xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig